Video

Advertisements

Progression 3

237822975003b603c5e929de9d6f498b.png

Added wires both inside and out of the building, i did not use curves for this since it created more trouble for me. I instead extruded a cylinder many times for each wire

a90ac3fb597aa0bdf467e555ff765933.gif

Added more onto the car, adding wheels, lights and windows

ea8d6bbbd2e29f96b4f570985300b99f.gif

Last was adding grass around the house and extending the fence around it. A also used some sculpting tools on the ground

Progression 2

c0810dcac39730c024872351c551d69c.png

Learned how to UV map early and apply textures as well as materials

67e7626f866759e26030e26f936e1410.gif

Proceeded to add more into the room

aff24619d20b1828a05abb11ffb8be17.gif

Added even more assets both big and small

f6cf55b5d1d386a31ac06db6610d336b.gif

Used curves to make flasks and test tubes, adding a glass material to them afterwards

 

Visual Literacy Week 9 + Feedback

2.1.png

Today was about learning the possibilities in maya that can be created using curves, i created a thin object almost like a plane that has been bent in various places. I’d imagine this would be very useful in making walls that involve curves. Such as in mazes.

2.2.png

The object has points that hover around it that allow for the shape to be changed into a more softer and flexible look, this would be good for making cloths and clothes though i do not thing i will have either in my pre vis scene.

2.3.png

The curves can also wrap around a mesh and create object such as vases, glasses, bottles etc It wasnt that difficult creating them however the positioning of the curve is the hardest part and trying to visualize ahead of time how the object will look before revolving it. I know i will be using this to create test tubes and beakers to place on tables

FEEDBACK

This feedback is on my pre visualization scene, i asked a range of people both in person and online to give me their opinion on my scene. By streaming a viewing of my environment online or just showing them. Most of them think that i did a good job with applying the shadows and textures and that the lighting was believable. Everyone however criticized the lack of grass outside and felt it brought down the rest of the scene. To respond to this i will look into how other games add grass into their scenes and do the same for mine.

Visual Literacy S2 Week 6

This week was about animation and expanding on knowledge from the previous semester, the recap on how the timeline and graph was very helpful, using these was for our first task to make this small animation:

0bcca3cccb15b89bb23c1ca5cf1cc484.gif

The next part was learning how to edit a scene, we were free to edit the scene however we wanted to, these are parts of my take on it:

77e44cf4d29055e321c9a3a30ad6a2e1.gifee8814b430f340ce16a7d87f412332d4.gif

From editing this scene i learned that you can animate the actual camera as well as group objects together as they move as one. Once i got there elements remembered animating the scene to this extent wasnt too bad.

Visual Literacy S2 Week 5

W2.jpg

This class was about lighting and covered some more of maya’s tools. Above is the final outcome of the class

Before the lighting was applied i had to make the table and pots, to do so i learned new tools that i know with help me alot when creating my pre visualization scene. The first of these tools is the extrude tool which is used to directly move a face whilst creating bridges between it and where it was before. Using this i made the table legs by extruding them from the table

At first i made the mistake of selecting the option to extrude the edges instead of the face and it started to tear the model, it took some trial and error but i was able to find what i was doing wrong.

Another two things i learned were for the pots, inserting an edge loop and object smoothing. Using the insert edge loop i could select a circumference along the length of a cylinder and resize it, however this made very rigid edges. This is where i smoothed the mesh to make the pot look more believable. Finally i extruded the top of the pot inwards to create a hole.

W1.jpg

For the lighting i added point lights and using the attribute editor to change their strength and colour.

I was able to pick up all these knew features and remember them however it will take time for me to get used to the different types of lighting and how to use them.